ABA Therapy

Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Therapy is the therapy of choice for children with autism.

Because there is a wait list in all of our state for private ABA Therapy, once we get state funding we will use our funds to hire our own team of ABA therapists for M (2-3 ppl total).

But before we even get to that point, we will start implementing ABA strategies in our home now. We have from now until the age of six to make the largest possible difference, as this is the time she is laying crucial neurological groundwork that she will use for the rest of her life.

I put together my own ABA Therapy Wishlist on amazon. These items will be used by Mike and I, and then by our hired team of therapists once we get our state funds. People keep asking me how they can help, and this is it. It's all very expensive, and we are doing the best we can to accommodate our new expenses, and could use all the help we can get. State funds do not pay for materials, only for your therapists hourly wages. Normally I am too prideful to ask for help, but when it comes to M, I check my pride at the door and I have one goal: to get her the best help possible. If you feel so inclined to help out, you will be M's hero (our entire family's hero, really).

I am learning as much as I can about ABA. Here is a 4 session training I found to be incredibly useful on Youtube that gives the bare necessities of ABA. This is what Mike and I will be doing with M.

Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment